Discounts are applied to individual items or to an entire customer order. Discounts may include coupons, whole order percentage discounts, or wholesale pricing.
There are three types of discounts: Item Discounts, Global Discounts, and Open Discounts. Discounts are created in the Items module. See: Create a Discount for more on how to create discounts.
Item Discounts are predefined and apply to a single item or multiple items.
- Italian Eatery offers Seafood Specials: 10% off select seafood entrees. Featured seasonal items may vary based on availability.
- Wholesale Club publishes special pricing on salmon fillets: Purchase salmon fillets at 15% over cost. Special pricing available for club members only.
- Day Spa online coupon $30 off any 60-minute massage: Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Exclusive offer not to be combined with additional promos or discounts.
- Note: Item Discounts are applied at the Register or while reviewing Order Details. See: Apply an Item Discount
Global Discounts are predefined and apply to an entire order.
- A Family Diner offers a senior discount: 55+ patrons receive 10% off their entire order.
- Liquor Store offers $20 off holiday wine orders of $100+. Coupon valid in the month of December. Exclusive offer not to be combined with additional promos or discounts.
- Retail Store gives a 15% courtesy discount to all employees.
- Note: Global Discounts are applied at the Register’s Pay tab. See: Apply a Global Discount
Open Discounts are created “on-the-fly” and apply to an entire order.
- Restaurant Manager gives a $25 discount to customers who got their order unexpectedly late.
- The manager decides to honor a competitor’s coupon and applies a 15% discount to a customer’s order.
- Retail store owner notes a defect in a product on the shelf and applies 10% off the customer’s purchase. No returns accepted after discount.
- Note: Open Discounts are applied at the Register’s Pay tab. See: Apply an Open Discount
- Tip! Discounts are different from Promos. Discounts are applied manually at the register. Promos are automatically applied to relevant items when rung up at the register. See: How to Use Promos