Closing a batch (settling credit card transactions) that includes offline transactions is an important part of keeping your cash flow moving. Exatouch offers expanded batch settlement options, including an offline transactions alert, and an Offline Sales Report.
- Note: The Complete Offline button has been removed from the Register submenu. Completing offline transactions is now part of closing a batch after Exatouch has reconnected to the Internet.
- See: Read our online blog for more information about how processing offline transactions functions.
Exatouch allows merchants to process transactions offline when Offline Processing is enabled. Restrictions can be placed on these transactions to reduce the risk of a declined debit or credit card.
- Warning: Offline transactions increase the risk of merchants being unable to recoup payments from declined transactions. These procedures are intended to mitigate risks to merchants and assist in recovering missing payments.
Perform the following to enable Offline Processing and set restrictions on offline transactions:
- From Home, navigate to Settings > Account.
- Tap the Offline Processing tab.
- Enable the Offline Processing slider.
- When the warning pop-up message displays, perform one of the following:
- Tap Accept to proceed.
- Tap Decline to abort.
- Configure the following, as desired:
- Total Offline Order Limit ($): Enter the maximum dollar amount allowed for all transactions combined. For example, enter 250.00 to set a limit of $250 in total transactions.
- Offline Order Limit ($): Enter the maximum dollar amount allowed per transaction. For example, enter 25.00 to restrict individual transactions to $25 or less.
- Allow Offline Payments for (Days): Enter the maximum duration that offline payments are allowed. For example, enter 2 to restrict offline transactions to two days.
- Require Customer Contact for Offline: Enable to require customers to provide a name and telephone number when processing offline transactions.
- Note: The customer’s name and phone number display on Offline Sales Reports.
- Tap Save.
- Note: Deactivate Offline Processing once online connectivity is restored.
- Navigate to the Register.
- In the bottom ribbon, tap the exclamation icon to view a summary report of the offline transactions in the open batch.
- After reviewing, perform one of the following:
- Tap Close to close the report.
- Tap Print to print the report to a receipt printer.
- Complete offline transactions individually from the Register. Depending on your settings, you may be prompted to add or confirm tip amounts.
- Warning: Viewing the Offline Transaction Report does not complete transactions. You must complete transactions individually before closing out the batch for the day.
Offline Sales reports allow merchants to review payment transactions accepted from when Exatouch was offline. When a customer transaction declines, their name and telephone number display in the Offline Sales Report when the Require Customer Contact for Offline setting is enabled.
- From Home, navigate to Reports > Sales.
- Enter a specific date or select a Custom Date Range.
- Tap Offline Sales to generate the report.
- Review the report using the page scroll options.
- Transactions are labeled as Failed, Declined, or Approved.
- Customer contact information displays for Declined transactions.
- Note: See Schedule and Email Reports for more details on sending reports.
Complete offline transactions by closing the batch. See the following topics for more information on batching out in restaurant and retail environments:
- Tap Complete Auth in the Register app (Restaurants, Salons) or Close Batch (Retail) in the Register app.
- In the Review work area, tap Close Batch.
- Each transaction in the batch is processed.
- Successful online transactions are assigned a newly generated Auth Code.
- Note: Offline transactions are given Auth Codes that have the letter O in the alphanumeric code. After you process a transaction successfully, Exatouch attaches a new authorization code to the transaction.
- Declined transactions move to the Open Orders work area. Use Get Order in the Register app to access each order and process a different payment method. A declined transaction status may be due to insufficient funds, or card information mismatch.
- Failed transactions indicate another error, such as a communication error. These transactions remain in the offline batch.
- Tip! Contact Customer Support if you need assistance with offline transactions.