We’ve expanded delivery management tools to include a secondary workflow for pickup orders in the Register app. If you integrate with a DeliverMe online ordering site, use these expanded tools to manage ASAP and future pickup and delivery orders submitted online by customers.
Expanded Delivery Management Controls
New delivery management controls let you view and manage the workflow of submitted orders in real-time.
- View what’s in the queue for the day (orders submitted directly by staff or through DeliverMe online ordering)
- View what’s in the queue for the future (orders submitted through DeliverMe online ordering)
- Notify customers that order are ready by text message (if a phone number is provided)
- Temporarily halt pickup, delivery, or all orders if needed
- Resume order taking manually or automatically
Pickup and delivery orders submitted for immediate preparation online or by your staff fire to the appropriate printers right away. Pickup and delivery orders submitted using DeliverMe online ordering for future preparation are held until their calculated firing time, then printed to the appropriate printer.
All pickup and delivery orders, no matter the source, are queued in the same work area. Select an option to view pickup orders, delivery orders, or tap an order to manage it directly. See the order source, status, and activity information at a glance.
If you integrate with DeliverMe online ordering, customers can submit orders:
- For pickup ASAP (within the hours you set)
- For delivery ASAP (within the hours you set)
- Planned ahead – pickup or delivery at a later time that same day
- Planned far ahead – pickup or delivery a few days ahead of pickup or delivery time
Future orders are kept in a separate queue. They don’t fire to the kitchen or remote printers right away. Future orders are held by Exatouch until it’s time for your team to prep each order for pickup or delivery to maximize freshness.
Set separate hours for pickup and delivery that suit your needs. Your build time for delivery hours should include delivery time.
Orders are paused seamlessly when you temporarily stop orders using your Exatouch Point of Sale. If you’re using a personalized DeliverMe online ordering site, customers can still place orders online, but are restricted to available times based on the temporary pause.
- Example: If you’ve halted orders for the rest of the day, a customer can still place an order, but can only pick an available time slot tomorrow or within the next few days, after orders have reopened.
- Ready to Upgrade?: Contact Technical Support at 800-966-5520 – Option 3.