Merchants can use the Dual Price setting to configure separate pricing for cash payments and non-cash payments, such as debit or credit card. When Dual Price is enabled, the List Price and Cash Price both display on the Customer Facing Display (CFD).
Cash Price is the price assigned to an item while the List Price refers to the higher price for non-cash payments. Contact Technical Support to configure the Cash Price and List Price.
Dual Price configuration occurs under the Account submodule.
- From Home, navigate to Settings > Account.
- Tap the Admin Fee tab.
- Enable the Dual Price slider. The Tender Discount tab and tender payment options display as inactive.
- When the warning message displays, tap Yes.
- Verify List Price displays in the Display As field.
- Note: List Price should display in the Display As field by default. If the List Price does not display, contact our 24/7 Support Team for assistance.
- Enter the fee Amount reflected in the List Price.
- Note: Dual Pricing must be set as a percent and not a dollar amount.
- Tap Save.
- Create an order in the Register app. The balance due displays in the bottom left pane.
- Tap Pay or process payment directly in the Register app.
- Verify the correct List Price and Cash Price on the Customer Facing Display (CFD).
- For cash payments, the Cash Price total matches the Total in the Register app.
- For credit or debit payments, cardholders pay the List Price based off Dual Price settings. In this example, the Total reflects a 2% difference.
- Print the customer check.
- The Total line reflects the amount due when paying by credit or debit card.
- The Pay With Cash line reflects the amount due when paying by cash.