A miscellaneous sale can be used to ring up an item which is not yet in inventory.
There are three ways to ring up a miscellaneous item:
- Misc Sale: This button rings up a miscellaneous item which is associated with a category and subcategory.
- Open Item Taxable: This button rings up a miscellaneous item with unspecified details, with tax.
- Open Item Non Taxable: button rings up a miscellaneous item with unspecified details, without tax.
Follow these steps to ring up a Misc Sale item:
- Navigate to the register by clicking or tapping. The Register Icon is located at the bottom of every Exatouch screen.
- Tap the Misc sale tab.
- Fill in fields on the Miscellaneous Item pop-up as needed, including Quantity, Price, Category, and Subcategory. Enter a Memo and apply Tax as needed.
- Tap OK.
- Proceed with ringing up the rest of the transaction. See: Ring Up an Item
- Note: To ring up a less detailed miscellaneous sale, select either Open Item Taxable or Open Item Non Taxable and walk through the system prompts.
- Tip! Create a test sale by ringing up a miscellaneous item. For example, a miscellaneous sale of 1 cent can be rung up to test an Exatouch peripheral, such as a receipt printer.