Closing a batch (settling credit card transactions) that includes offline transactions is an important part of keeping your cash flow moving. We’ve added expanded batch settlement options, added an offline transactions alert, and created the Offline Sales Report.
- Note: This update removes Complete Offline button from the Register submenu. Completing offline transactions is now part of closing a batch after Exatouch has reconnected to the internet.
A red banner and exclamation icon indicate Exatouch is offline. If you have enabled Offline Processing, you can continue to accept card payments that meet your Offline Processing settings for transaction amounts and required information.
The red offline banner message changes when Exatouch reconnects to the internet.
- If there are no offline transactions in the open batch, all red offline indicators disappear.
- If there are offline transactions in the open batch, a yellow banner and exclamation icon indicate you have an open batch that includes offline transactions.
- If there are offline transactions in the open batch and the batch remains open more than 24 hours, the yellow messaging changes to red, indicating offline transactions are in an batch open more than 24 hours.
These messages help you remember to take the important step of settling offline transactions and closing the batch when Exatouch reconnects to the internet.
- After you have settled the batch for all outstanding offline transactions, the offline transaction warning message disappears until the next time the batch includes offline transactions.
- After you have settled the batch for all outstanding transactions, the open batch warning message disappears until the next time the batch remains open for more than 24 hours.
The Offline Sales Report is included in Sales Report work area.
- Tip! Not sure what version of Exatouch you’re running? Click here to learn how to find out.
- Ready to Upgrade?: Contact Technical Support at 800-966-5520 – Option 3.
How can we improve this information?
Registered internal users can comment. Merchants, have a suggestion? Tell us more.